What is joy ? I look into his eyes And know that he is mine, As the sleigh bells jingle And all the light bulbs shine. What is happiness ? Saturday morning in bed - I cuddle in his arms And watch his pleasant dreams With their artless little charms. What is laughter ? The world is him and nothing else But the music of his voice How did I ever get so smart That I made him my choice ? What is ecstasy ? In a moment of blazing passion I look into his face And see my heart's beating Reflected in his gaze. What is fear ? I really wouldn't know For he is always near - He'll carry me across seven seas And wipe my every tear. What is love ? After a long hard day, I'll go that extra mile, Do all those little nothings Just to see him smile. Dedicated to all couples in love. :)
How did so many golden days pass us by so soon? Why is He who grants it all taking away this boon? Will I ever find the strength to say all I have to say? Will those words make us one or simply drive you away? Why am I, in the middle of a crowd, smiling yet desolate? Weren't you the one who promised that our hearts would always resonate? Why is it that, despite my hopes, I know there's no tomorrow? Yet why do I save my bleeding tears in these useless words of sorrow? How hard it is to find the words when the heart is mute with pain! All I want to know is if/when I will ever see you again...
you'd think that by now, all this would be over. that we'd be color blind, and to our fellow human, kind! you'd think, by now we'd realize that hatred and violence never solved a single problem, just brought more strife. but no. all the old wounds, all the pain and prejudice of yester years are once more bare and open, festering, once more we fight the same wars. history's a circle what goes around comes around today's your day, comes tomorrow, who knows what may? break the circle of pain walk in the shoes of your forefather's brother, but also those of his enemy and other. for until you look in the mirror and see that your opposite is just you, wirh your world upside down how will we ever grow? and as fhe generations pass how will we take a single step of progress and not return to the same place?
Comments